The Freightliner Truck holds a prominent position in Canada’s commercial transportation landscape. Renowned for its durability, reliability, and cutting-edge engineering, the Freightliner Truck has become a cornerstone of the country’s freight industry. With a diverse range of models catering to various haulage needs, from long-haul to local deliveries, these trucks are adept at handling Canada’s diverse and demanding terrains. Their advanced technology and fuel-efficient engines align with the nation’s commitment to sustainable transportation. From bustling city streets to rugged wilderness, the Freightliner Truck is a trusted workhorse that plays an integral role in keeping goods moving across this vast and diverse country.
Freightliner Truck Prices in Canada
Freightliner truck prices in Canada vary depending on the model, year, mileage, and condition. New Freightliner trucks typically start around $100,000 CAD, while used models can be found for as low as $30,000 CAD. Popular Freightliner models in Canada include the Cascadia, M2, and 114SD.
|Model||Price Range (CAD)|
Freightliner Truck Variants
|Model||Variant||Price Range (CAD)|
Freightliner Truck Prices in All States of Canada
|State||Average Freightliner Truck Price|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$145,000|
|Prince Edward Island||$125,000|
Freightliner Truck Colors
Freightliner Truck Mileage
Freightliner trucks typically get between 6 and 10 miles per gallon. The exact mileage will vary depending on the model, engine, and driving conditions. For example, the Cascadia Evolution can get up to 10.5 miles per gallon, while the M2 106 can get up to 6.5 miles per gallon.
Freightliner Truck Dimensions
|Cascadia||230-280 inches||96-102 inches||112-132 inches|
|M2 106||210-260 inches||96 inches||108-112 inches|
|114SD||260-300 inches||96 inches||112-116 inches|
Freightliner Truck Top-Speed
The top speed of a Freightliner truck varies depending on the model, engine, and gearing. However, most Freightliner trucks have a top speed of between 65 and 75 miles per hour. For example, the Cascadia has a top speed of 70 miles per hour, while the M2 106 has a top speed of 65 miles per hour.
Freightliner Truck Features
|Safety & Security|
|Airbags||Front airbags, side airbags, and curtain airbags|
|Seat Belt Warning||Audible and visual warning for unbuckled seat belts|
|Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)||Prevents wheels from locking up during hard braking|
|Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)||Distributes braking force evenly between the front and rear wheels|
|Engine Immobilizer||Prevents the engine from starting without the correct key|
|Comfort & Convenience|
|Parking Sensors||Assists with parking by providing audible warnings of nearby objects|
|Anti-glare Mirrors||Reduces glare from headlights behind the vehicle|
|ORVMs||Outside rearview mirrors|
|Boot-lid Opener||Allows the boot lid to be opened from inside the vehicle|
|Door Handles||Interior and exterior door handles|
|Door Pockets||Storage compartments in the doors|
|Headlight Height Adjuster||Allows the driver to adjust the height of the headlights|
|Tail Lights||Provides rear illumination and braking signals|
|Cabin Lamps||Provides interior lighting|
|Seats, Upholstery & Storage|
|Seat Upholstery||Fabric or leather upholstery|
|Driver Height Adjustable Seat||Allows the driver to adjust the height of their seat|
|Front Passenger Seat Adjustment||Allows the front passenger to adjust their seat|
|Rear Passenger Seats||Provides seating for rear passengers|
|Interior Colours||A variety of interior color options are available|
|Cup Holders||Provides holders for cups and other beverages|
|Entertainment, Information & Instrumentation|
|Instrument Cluster||Provides information such as speed, RPM, and fuel level|
|Trip Meter||Tracks distance traveled and fuel consumed|
|Tachometer||Measures engine RPM|
|Infotainment system||Provides a variety of entertainment and information options, such as a radio, CD player, and Bluetooth connectivity|
|Navigation||Provides turn-by-turn directions|
|Driver assistance features:|
|Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)||Maintains a safe distance from the vehicle in front|
|Lane Departure Warning (LDW)||Alerts the driver if they are drifting out of their lane|
|Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)||Applies the brakes automatically to avoid a collision|
Freightliner Truck Specs
|Freightliner Truck||Length||Width||Height||Wheelbase||Kerb Weight||Ground Clearance|
|Cascadia||230.2 in (5847 mm)||102.4 in (2601 mm)||120.5 in (3059 mm)||152 in (3861 mm)||19,500 lb (8845 kg)||10.5 in (267 mm)|
|M2 106||240 in (6096 mm)||102 in (2591 mm)||117.5 in (2985 mm)||105 in (2667 mm)||18,000 lb (8165 kg)||10 in (254 mm)|
|114SD||282 in (7163 mm)||102 in (2591 mm)||115 in (2921 mm)||175 in (4445 mm)||27,000 lb (12247 kg)||10 in (254 mm)|
|122SD||300 in (7620 mm)||102 in (2591 mm)||115 in (2921 mm)||192 in (4877 mm)||28,000 lb (12700 kg)||10 in (254 mm)|
|Century Class||230.2 in (5847 mm)||102.4 in (2601 mm)||120.5 in (3059 mm)||152 in (3861 mm)||19,500 lb (8845 kg)||10.5 in (267 mm)|
|Argosy||230.2 in (5847 mm)||102.4 in (2601 mm)||120.5 in (3059 mm)||152 in (3861 mm)||19,500 lb (8845 kg)||10.5 in (267 mm)|
Freightliner Truck Competitors
- Volvo Trucks
- Peterbilt Motors Company
- Kenworth Truck Company
- International Truck
- Mack Trucks
- Western Star Trucks
- Isuzu Commercial Truck of America
- Hino Trucks
- UD Trucks
Freightliner Truck Pros and Cons
- Durability and reliability: Freightliner trucks are known for their durability and reliability. They are built to withstand the rigors of long-haul trucking and can last for many years with proper maintenance.
- Performance and fuel efficiency: Freightliner trucks are designed to be both powerful and fuel-efficient. They use advanced technologies to improve performance and reduce fuel consumption.
- Comfort and safety: Freightliner trucks are designed with the driver in mind. They offer comfortable cabins with plenty of amenities, as well as advanced safety features to help protect drivers on the road.
- Wide range of models: Freightliner offers a wide range of truck models to meet the needs of different businesses. This includes on-highway trucks, vocational trucks, and medium-duty trucks.
- Strong dealer network: Freightliner has a strong dealer network with locations across the United States and Canada. This makes it easy for truck owners to get service and support for their vehicles.
- Higher initial cost: Freightliner trucks are typically more expensive than other brands of trucks. This can be a barrier for some businesses.
- Complex technology: Freightliner trucks use advanced technologies to improve performance and fuel efficiency. However, this can make them more difficult to repair and maintain.
- Weight: Freightliner trucks are typically heavier than other brands of trucks. This can reduce payload capacity and increase fuel consumption.
- Emissions: Freightliner trucks are subject to emissions regulations. This can lead to higher operating costs.
- Recalls: Freightliner trucks have been subject to a number of recalls in recent years. This can be a concern for some buyers.
Freightliner Truck Reviews and Ratings
|Cascadia||The Cascadia is a popular choice for long-haul drivers, known for its comfort, fuel efficiency, and reliability.||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|Coronado||The Coronado is a heavy-duty truck designed for demanding applications, such as construction and logging.||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|108SD||The 108SD is a versatile truck that can be used for a variety of applications, such as regional haul, local delivery, and dump truck work.||4.0 out of 5 stars|
|M2 106||The M2 106 is a medium-duty truck that is ideal for urban deliveries and other stop-and-go applications.||3.8 out of 5 stars|
|Sprinter||The Sprinter is a van that is available in a variety of configurations, making it a popular choice for businesses of all sizes.||4.3 out of 5 stars|
Why Should You a Freightliner Truck
- Reputation and reliability: Freightliner is one of the most respected and well-known truck brands in the world. They have been in business for over 75 years and have a reputation for building high-quality, reliable trucks.
- Wide range of models to choose from: Freightliner offers a wide range of truck models to meet the needs of any business. Whether you need a long-haul truck, a vocational truck, or a medium-duty truck, Freightliner has a model that is right for you.
- Advanced technology: Freightliner is a leader in truck technology. They are constantly developing new technologies to improve fuel efficiency, safety, and driver comfort.
- Strong dealer network: Freightliner has a strong dealer network with over 700 dealerships across the United States and Canada. This means that you will always have access to qualified service and support.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction: Freightliner is committed to providing its customers with the best possible experience. They offer a variety of programs and services to help you get the most out of your truck.
Freightliner Truck FAQs
- What is the warranty on a Freightliner truck?
Freightliner trucks come with a standard 5-year/unlimited-mile basic warranty. There are also extended warranties available.
- What is the Freightliner Customer Assistance Center (CAC)?
The Freightliner CAC is a 24/7/365 call center that can provide you with assistance with a variety of issues, such as roadside assistance, warranty questions, and technical support.
- How do I find a Freightliner dealer near me?
You can find a Freightliner dealer near you by using the dealer locator on the Freightliner website.
- What are the current Freightliner truck models?
The current Freightliner truck models include:
What are the different Freightliner truck configurations?
Freightliner trucks are available in a variety of configurations, such as:
How do I get a quote on a Freightliner truck?
You can get a quote on a Freightliner truck by contacting your local Freightliner dealer.
- What is the recommended maintenance schedule for a Freightliner truck?
The recommended maintenance schedule for a Freightliner truck is based on the truck’s model and engine. You can find the recommended maintenance schedule for your truck in your truck’s owner’s manual.
- How do I schedule a service appointment for my Freightliner truck?
You can schedule a service appointment for your Freightliner truck by contacting your local Freightliner dealer.
- What are the most common Freightliner truck problems?
Some of the most common Freightliner truck problems include:
- Engine problems
- Transmission problems
- Electrical problems
- Brake problems
- Suspension problems
- Where can I find Freightliner truck parts?
You can find Freightliner truck parts at your local Freightliner dealer. You can also order parts online from the Freightliner website.
- What is the warranty on Freightliner truck parts?
Freightliner truck parts come with a 1-year/unlimited-mile warranty.
- How do I return a Freightliner truck part?
You can return a Freightliner truck part to your local Freightliner dealer.